This post is important to me today because I've been set on serious mode these days and trying to think and plan too much. I need to sit back for a minute and write a list of good things and focus on that for a while.
1. Levi being healthy, happy and the best little boy in the world. He is learning at his own pace, and lately he's decided he's going to be a little chatter box, repeating everything we say (to the best of his little toddler ability) He is such a Mama's boy and I wouldn't have it any other way. He needs me, he loves me unconditionally, and is such a goofy, funny boy already. He lifts my spirits, reminds me to cherish the little things like looking out the window on a rainy afternoon, smiling at a puppy walking by, giggling at the simplest things, enjoying the sunshine, and cuddle every chance you get. I love being home with him all day because we have these moments together where my heart could literally burst with love. A lot of times we go to the park and head to the field with a few swings. I like the back of the park because no one is usually there. Just Levi and I, long grass, shaded areas where the sun peeks in. These moments are my favorite. We are outside enjoying nature, no TV, no distractions, nothing but us. I see him exploring and learning with what God has naturally provided us. He always gets excited when he sees a flower and smells it. He then runs to me, wraps his arms around me and hugs me so tight. Its like he is so happy to be sharing this moment with me, and if only he knew how happy I am to just be in his presence.
3. I am thankful to know God. Not as much as I can, (working on this) but I am thankful to have my faith, and no one can take it away. Through hard times I turn to God to pull me through. In happy times I praise God and thank Him tremendously for blessing my life. In times where I feel direction-less I turn to Him for guidance. Knowing him I feel at ease navigating through this crazy world.
4. The knowledge of Nutrition. This sounds silly, I know. But I think there are so many people out there who just have no clue. Or they think they do. Because this used to be me. There are so many benefits of knowing what you feed yourself. (Food should be viewed as medicine for your body) I am no saint here, ya'll. I still crave things, I don't do everything 100% like I should. But I try, and I use the knowledge I have to be healthy and keep my family healthy. I encourage everyone especially those who are mommies to research the foods you are buying, learn about pesticides, the Dirty Dozen List, how to Shop Organic on a Budget, and why you should buy your meat and dairy organic- ESPECIALLY when feeding your little ones. (If you want more links let me know!)
5. The Real Housewives of New Jersey. Stop laughing. This is real life! I love this show, Josh loves it, we look forward to it every Sunday night. Its freaking hilarious and who cares if its trash TV.
6. Summer. Lord knows those winter blues get me every year. Now that Summer is officially here, I'm soaking it all in. The sunshine-knowing my son and I get plenty of natural Vitamin D is a great feeling, the smell of the pool, the flowers blooming, birds chirping, watermelon, iced coffee, (Iced cappuccino from Tim Hortons ya'll-one major downfall I have like I mentioned earlier.) Reggae, back roads with my boys with no destination, being barefoot outside soaking in the natural minerals from the ground, and patio/deck time. The list could go on.
7. My education. Sometimes I stress out because I am so over school its not even funny. I question if my career path is the right one. I am thankful for the opportunity to go to school and get a degree. 2 years left ya'll.
After focusing on a list of good things, my life doesn't seem so bad anymore. I obtain everything I need to be successful and happy. Focus on the good in your lives today. Cause we all know Mondays need it!