Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Patience is a verb--

It has been a while since I've blogged and since yesterday was Mother's Day and I actually did pictures, I figured why not share my day/thoughts about being a Momma.
Levi and I have shared our second Mother's Day yesterday-Well three if you count when I was pregnant.
He has brought me so much joy and an undescribable love that touches my soul.
It is a kind of love that is refreshing, every single day. In those moments of pure mama exhaustion, worry and stress, Levi manages to throw his arms around my neck and kiss my cheek, or laugh so hard for minutes upon minutes. These are the moments that refresh me and keep me going.

Levi and I connect on a level that literally takes my breath away sometimes because even after 19 months + 9 carrying him, it is still surreal to me that I am a mama to this amazing little boy...and it feels like such a gift and a blessing.

I already believe in him, and his abilities. I know he is going to be an amazing kid, because he already is. I relate so much to his personality already and it is only the beginning.

Sometimes I notice others placing judgements on Levi because he is 19 months and not independently walking yet, only says a small handful of words, and doesn't verbally answer to what the animals or shapes are etc etc. But I think of it as a math problem: This is my kid:
Never cries or throws tantrums
+
Takes naps and goes night night with no problems, soothing himself
+
Chooses to eat fruits and veggies over snacky foods
+
Knows a few signs for sign language
+
Slept eight hours through the night as a newborn and now sleeps 12
+
Takes two naps a day
+
Would rather snuggle and kiss or play outside than watch a TV show
+
Loves brushing his teeth, reading bedtime stories, and taking baths
+
Rides in the car silently and travels great with no crying or fussing and only a few toys to keep him company
+
Warms up to strangers within minutes
+
Mama & Daddy have very laid back personalities
EQUALS:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The most laid-back, easy going toddler I know.
He is so smart and may not be saying 20 words but understands what we say. He may not be walking yet, but he sure knows how-and when he's ready he will. He may take his time with everything he does, but since when is that a negative? I think its a positive thing. Growing up is not a race. Levi has taught me this :)
I get frustrated when people underestimate him or try to constantly test him to see where he's at because if they knew him they would know that he gets it.
He is so so smart and always proves me wrong when I do let the worry get to me. He is always making progress and is a constant reminder of what the word patience means. Its not a noun its a verb.
Happy late Mama's Day to all the Mamas out there who live every day for their children. Who put off getting dolled up and wearing makeup to get messy and dirty with their kiddos. Who lose sleep worrying about their little ones. Who take pride in a mastered first word, or first steps. Who constantly have a mental list of what their child needs or what they can do to improve the well being of their children. Who work/go to school with little ones, or even the moms who stay home all day with their kiddos-we all know that is a full time job in itself. You are all appreciated and us mamas can all learn from each other.
This little boy lights up my life...




xoxo