Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

My breath literally was taken away.



There is something we can all learn from a blue eyed baby.
Levi and I began our walk this morning along a shady street where we could feel a cool breeze with the sun peeking in to warm us up. These kind of streets are my favorite.
Levi  laid back most of the walk, silent. Those blue eyes fixated on the trees blowing in the wind,  those cute little ears listening to the birds chirping, those blue eyes shutting letting the wind sweep across his face and that cute raspy singing voice humming with the wind from time to time. 

I wish my mind could be this quiet, I wish I could just be in a moment like Levi and just take it all in. Often times I take for granted the beauty and peace a morning can have. Everything was so quiet and calming-no cars were going by, no kids were out screaming, no dogs were barking.

On our walk, I felt an instant connection with Levi. Sometimes I get these moments where I just feel connected to him and its so magical. 

I was using the quiet time to think of all I have going on-with this I started feeling overwhelmed and anxious. I look down and Levi turned his head up to me and just smiled for a whole few seconds. My breath literally was taken away for a minute. It was as if he knew my mind was cluttered and wanted to bring me back down to this moment, to tell me through his smile to enjoy the beauty our creator graced us with this morning. I want to be like him.

Stop sometimes and think about what you have, not what you don't have. Pray in these quiet moments, clear your mind. Take in the sun, breathe in the fresh air, and listen to the birds chirping. Most of all, learn from how peaceful a baby is and try to be more like them. Try to be simple. Think simple & act simple. Baby's hearts are pure, fresh and not affected by this cruel world. I think my heart just broke thinking about how one day his heart won't be this innocent.

That little boy makes my heart so full. We walked in the door, he laid his head on my shoulder. I took him upstairs, sure he was ready for an early nap. I rocked him for a few minutes and as I started to stand up to put him in his crib, he squeezed my neck really tight and laid his cheek on mine. In that moment I felt a connection with him again. He's not always so cuddly before nap time and I used this moment where he wanted me, needed me and covered him up and sang him to almost sleep. :) Another quiet that is so peaceful-When your baby is cooing, and breathing softly. Ah, its the best.

This has been a great start to my Friday.
Take in those quiet moments and appreciate them today.
xoxo

No comments: